WHO WE ARE...
Founded in November 2014, Back Market is the very first marketplace specialized in refurbished electric and electronic devices. We connect certified professionals who work hard to ensure all electric and electronic devices get a second life with consumers looking for equipment that makes a difference.
E-waste reduction, planned obsolescence battle and circular economy are 3 good reasons to wake up in the morning; we're offering a fantastic career opportunity for a Business Developer to join our European team (based in Paris). So, if you’ve got a way with business development in challenging environment, an interest in environmentally-friendly initiatives and a genuine desire to build a first-class global marketplace, we'd love to hear from you.
We have a challenging schedule and high business expectations, so you'll need to be able to get up to speed without compromising on attention to detail. For the right person, this is a chance to gain valuable experience in building a star and to join a fast-growing and life-changing company that's shaking up the consumer electronics business.
Descriptif de poste
In order to accelerate Back Market catalog growth and maintain a high GMV growth in Europe and the US, Back Market is looking for a Business Developer for the Dutch market.
Reporting to our Head of New Business Development and within the New Business Development team, alongside the Account Management team, you’ll be responsible for the Back Market catalog improvement by partnering with new Dutch sellers.
YOUR MISSION IF YOU ACCEPT IT :
- Identifying and mapping Dutch high-tech products afterlife players, and spotting the ones with the highest business potential;
- Building an operational strategy to approach them, in order to prioritize the sales effort and obtain the best ROI;
- Approaching, negotiating and converting the leads into Back Market merchants;
- Training the new sellers on the Back Market tools, for them to be quickly autonomous and achieve high performance;
- Managing projects and creating new services, tools and process to increase the B2B conversion rate.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US ?
- Meaningful job : through business development, you’ll help our merchants convince people to buy used devices instead of new ones. Meaning reducing e-waste and fighting over-consumption.
- Autonomy - we genuinely value feedback and initiative, this is a role you can truly make your own
- Super fast-growing company : We were three people three years ago. Now we are 130 , and have expanded to 6 countries. Boom.
- Great office groove – with talented and passionate teams of great peeps.
- Attractive compensation package based on profile and experience
YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE IF :
- Native Dutch speaker, you have achieved sales success during your previous experiences, ideally in a tech environment;
- Sales oriented, you have a great business sense and excellent verbal/written communication skills, and you are familiar with tough and long negotiations;
- You have a strong interest for the online and e-commerce environment – ideally, you have a previous experience in a related field;
- Passionate about growth and eager to learn, you are familiar with the start-up environment and working in a demanding change-oriented environment
- You are a fantastic team player
RECRUITMENT PROCESS :
- Phone Interview with Elisa, Talent Acquisition Manager
- Interview with Leon, Business Developer Manager
- Interview with Alexis and Maité, Head of Business Development
- Interview with Thibaud, CEO and co-founder and Laetitia, the Head of People